Monday, January 17, 2011

LofL Postcard Swap Goodies!

These are a few of the postcards I received for participating in the LofL Postcard Swap! We had to create a "Greetings from..." type of postcard that represented the town we lived in, where we were visiting, etc. There were over 70 participants from North America and a few places further away. The only condition was that an element had to be letterpress printed. Not a problem for me!
What a wonderful assortment of type and images! I really love the ones that use original metal or wood type and found cuts. Even the backs were interesting!!

Top - my postcard submission;metal type and vintage cuts printed in three colours
Bottom - submission from my friends at Pomegranite Letterpress
A few of the great postcards that I received!

I loved looking at the backs as well!

2 comments:

Christine Gittings said...

I'm still kicking myself for not participating in that exchange. The postcards are fantastic!

A. Nishidera said...

Yeah! They're great! There are over 70 of them!! I love looking at all the different styles that people have used.
By the way, I don't know if I ever thanked you for the Letterpress book that you gave me via my husband! Thank you SO much for thinking of me! Hope youare enjoying printing!